Thursday, September 6, 2012

A return to a return...



Sorrow.  In general: something is amiss.
More directly: sorrow, disappointment, tears, delay, 
absence, separation, divorce; disruption of friendship, 
interruption of cherished projects, quarrels.

.  
   Worked late last night and also very early in the same day - split shift chaos.  Home and in bed at 3:47am.  Woke at eleven, fed Joey and gave him his shot, and returned to bed for another hour.  Rose, started coffee, showered, drew a card (3 of Swords), sat with that over coffee, resolved to write, and have been writing and ruminating since.

   It has been AGES since I wrote on this.  I have decidedly mixed feelings about the public diary, but hey, with the advent of social media facebook and especially twitter, the internet is what it always dreamed it would be: an over-sharer's paradise.

   I saw someone once wearing a shirt: with an inscription that made me laugh very hard.  The shirt read "More people have read this shirt THAN YOUR BLOG".

   Which is how I feel about blogging, really.  The fact is, most of the time what I am thinking seems comprehensible to me alone (if that).  The notion of pulling the stream of my consciousness through the filtre of my frontal lobes and expressing it for another's comprehension as succinctly, thoroughly, and clearly as possible is daunting, to say the least.  But that really is the trick with communication, innit?  Onward with the attempt:

   Listening to a mix of Hildegard von Bingen, Kills, White Stripes, Coyote Love, Electric Mess, Dead Weather, Jordi Savall.

   Joey lay on the kitchen floor in full-on wood grain camouflage cat mode.  Or, as Art Wallace would say, in "Action Position Number 3".

Joey Kassan, AKA Mister Mojo Goldencoats, camouflage-cat and Kitchen Familiar par excellence.

   Work is being done on a renovation below me.  It sounds just like the sound-effects coming from the forest in Monty Python & the Holy Grail when Arthur and is Knights are building the Trojan Rabbit.  The louder songs mange to block out the worst of it, but quieter compositions create hard-hat mashups.  Thank you Jack White...

   Just had food, finally.  Basiled eggs with bacon-sauteed scallions wrapped up with extra-crispy turkey bacon and extra-sharp cheddar in a flour tortilla, pan-browned and served with salsa.  Yum-O.  It is good to be home and able to be focus time and energy here.  Joey is always happy when I am home and spend time with him, and a happy cat can make for a happy witch, they say. (Who says?  I say. "Meow!" says Joey.)
Speaking of working the Broom: I will clean and set the house in order.  Later on, I plan to enter the Midnight Kitchen and make a beef stew, an apple pie, and apple cobbler-bars.  Food always tastes better when you make it yourself.

The fabled basiled eggs.

Over the past few days, I have been working on more material to submit to Dragon / Dungeon, as the autumn submission window opens October 1st.  I have been working on fleshing out five ideas I have for articles on character options.  A little here and there on each of them and I should be ready with all by the beginning of October.
∞ ♥
"per artem facit Magiam, arte faciendi magick"







No comments: